What You Can Expect From the Hearing Test in Dublin and Across Ireland
There are many steps that are part of a hearing test that is undertaken by Irish Hearing Aid Partners. If you think that you may have a hearing loss or might need a hearing aid, you will first need to have a hearing test. The hearing test is non intrusive and usually takes less than an hour to complete. At the time of the hearing test we will take a case history, this allows us to determine how much your hearing problem impacts your day-to-day life as well as the lives of your family. We will ask questions about when and how your sense of a hearing loss started,what are the problem areas you are experiencing, if there is ringing in your ears (tinnitus) and if you experience dizziness. We will also ask some basic questions about your general health history.
With three Dublin Hearing Aid Centres, We are Always Near You
With our three hearing aid centres in Dublin in Blanchardstown, Dorset Street and Dun Laoighaire and hearing centres across Ireland, we are always close to you. We offer the best hearing aids and best practise hearing healthcare including hearing tests, hearing aids, ear wax removal and tinnitus therapy among others.
The Hearing Test
The hearing test itself involves the following set of tests of your hearing;
Pure tone testing (Audiometry)
Speech testing (Audiometry)
Tympanometry (If Needed)
The results from your hearing tests allow us to understand what sounds you can hear and more importanly what sounds you are missing. The answers you give us about your life style and what impact your hearing loss is having, allows us to understand what type, and technology of hearing aid might be for you. Sometimes the results of your hearing tests mean that we have to refer you to an ENT Consultant. However, this is a rare occurrence.
What Happens Next?
We will explain clearly the results of our tests, giving you an understanding of what you can hear and what you can’t hear so you can understand why that is having the impact on your life. If your hearing test reveals a permanent treatable hearing loss, we will:
- Recommend hearing aids for one or both ears
- We will clearly explain what we expect hearing aids to do for you on a daily basis
- We will recommend a level of hearing aid technology that is suitable for your needs
- We will also speak to you about ongoing care and support so that you can continue to enjoy the benefits of better hearing.
We want to be very clear on what we propose, how we propose to deliver it and how you can be expected to benefit from it. So we will give you all of the information needed.
What You Can Expect From Us
We want to deliver the very best hearing solution for you, in fact we guarantee it so you can expect us to do:
- We will help you choose the best hearing aid style, features and level of sophistication based on your degree of hearing loss, lifestyle, and financial circumstances.
- We will never pressure you and the final decision on which hearing aid is purchased is always your decision.
- We will continuously support you in order that you enjoy the full benefits of better hearing for the lifetime of your hearing aids.
So if you are looking for a hearing test in Dublin or across Ireland, call us on 1800 301 335 or book your appointment online now.
If You would like to find out more about hearing tests or hearing aids
Just Book Your Free No-Obligation Appointment